TRACTkote® Coating System for the Elevator Industry
The TRACKkote® coating system for traction and diverter sheaves have been developed together with leading companies in the lift industry and has been used to prolong the life of sheaves.
Find out more > Visit TRACTkote Website
In the Elevator Industry, there are greater demands for higher wear re-sistance of traction in sheaves. Tradi-tional OEM sheaves fail to meet the op-timised performance, due to rapid wear and rifling in grooves.
Metal to metal wear is a basic factor governing sheave groove wear.
The most significant components of this are the following:-
- Microstructure and hardness of the surfaces which are in contact.
- Loads on the surfaces.
- Speeds and frequency of the relative movements of these surfaces.
- Friction coefficients of the consid-ered metals.
- Uneven loading’s on ropes with con-tinuous service.
- Misalignment of ropes on sheaves.
All these factors accentuate the wear phenomena, requiring replacement sheaves.
By thermal coating a sheave with TRACTkote®, the sheave life will be greatly extended. The coating has also proven to enhance the rope traction on the sheaves.
The TRACTkote® coating system –e.g. for traction and diverter sheaves, has been developed to-gether with leading companies in the Lift industry. It has been used to prolong the life of sheaves.
TRACTkote® coating is the ideal answer for the customised solution designed to protect against the wear created from cast iron sheaves and higher MPa ropes.
New functional surface coatings are creating improved wear charac-teristics for the sheaves.
The importance of this TRACTkote® development be-comes clear when you consider the typical application conditions and the increasing costs of continued maintenance along with any re-placement costs.
- DCL’s use of the most modern coating equipment in Australia, the HVOF Diamond Jet combined with the application of custom-made materials means that the DCL Engineering Group is able to deliver the highest quality for the performance required with in the shortest delivery times.
- The DCL Engineering Group have been exclusively Licensed by Sulzer Metco as the Austral-Asian approved applicator for TRACTkote®.
- TRACTkote® application will improve the traction qualities between rope and sheave, also minimizing on lift down time.
- TRACTkote® will also lower long term maintenance costs.