The original company was founded in 1957 by Bill and Mae Green, in 1960 DC&L Engineering was registered as a privately owned company which focused on repairs to Dry Cleaning and Laundering Equipment (DC&L).
By the early seventies the company (based in Camperdown, Sydney) had evolved into an engineering company servicing a wide range of industries.
The early eighties saw Greg Green and Mark Green join the family business and an accelerated growth period began.
In 1993 DC&L Engineering had outgrown Camperdown and relocated to much larger premises at the existing site in Malta Street, Fairfield East.
DC&L Engineering was renamed to DCL Engineering in 1998, with the addition of the new thermal spraying division to be called DCL Surface Engineering.
Over the past decade DCL Engineering has grown to be recognised as the One Stop Overhaul and Repair Shop in New South Wales.